Points of Pride
Glen Cove Elementary was opened in the Ysleta Independent School District in 1978 to serve students in the J.M. Hanks High school feeder pattern. Currently, Glen Cove proudly serves students in PPCD and Pre-K as well as Kindergarten through 5th grade.
• National Title 1 School and National Blue Ribbon School.
• Recognized by the Texas Business and Educators Coalition in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
• Top 20 School for NCUST (National Center for Urban School Transformation) in 2008 and 2009.
• TEA Recognized Campus: 2007 and 2008.
• TEA Exemplary Campus: 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, 2014 and 2015.
• Title 1 Recognized Campus: 2012, 2014 and 2015.
• Met AYP for the 2012 school year.
• 5 TEA Distinctions for school year 2015-2016.
GLEN COVE ELEMENTARY IS A HIGH PERFORMING SCHOOL
Glen Cove Elementary has been identified by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) as High Performing Title I Reward School for earning high scores in reading and math on this year’s state testing results.