Points of Pride
Spartan Mission and Vision Statement
VVECHS will enable students to graduate from high school with distinguished achievement, while earning an associate degree, through a rigorous curriculum and a system of support and intervention.
The Professional Learning Community of VVECHS envisions a school in which:
· All students produce college quality work
· There is a cooperative/collaborative relationship among all stakeholders
· Students are self-motivated, independent learners who seek out their own education
· Students will transition successfully to an institution of higher learning motivated to pursue a post-graduate education
1. We will provide positive and immediate feedback to our students.
2. We will utilize specific instructional strategies, interventions, and tools as adopted by VVECHS.
3. We will use alternative assessments as appropriate to gage student progress and success.
4. We will empower students to explore their interests and incorporate into their knowledge base.
5. We will provide opportunities to research higher learning institutions, scholarships, and careers.
6. We will provide parents with appropriate school information.
7. We will create opportunities for parents to become involved with their child's education.
Instructional Programs At VVECHS
- Pre-AP/Advanced Placement
- Instructional Strategies for English Language Learners
- Laying the Foundation
- Dual Credit
- UIL Academics
- PLC (Professional Learning Community)
- Best of Both Worlds-Laptop Initiative
- FINO (Failure is not an Option)
- Thinking Maps
- Marzano 9
- iPad Initiative
- G/T Program
- Common Instructional Framework
- Rigorous Coursework
- AVID School-Wide Strategies
Special Programs At VVECHS
Early College Initiative
Texas High School Project
Just a reminder that September 28, 2016 is an Early Release Day. Students will be dismissed for lunch at 12:00pm, and bus transportation will be provided at 1:00pm. Students with EPCC classes after 1:00pm must attend and arrange their own transportation.