Points of Pride
Alicia R. Chacon opened its doors in 1995. It began as a dual language program for kinder to 2nd grade. It gradually added grade levels until reaching its current kinder through 8th enrollment.
Our students are taught an enriched curriculum, which includes learning English, Spanish and either Chinese, German, Japanese or Russian. Our goal is to ensure students learn to appreciate and respect other languages, cultures and all ethnic groups. As part of our third language program, students participate in Kung-Fu, Gymnastics, Karate or Tennis. Our students are given the opportunity to travel to China, Germany, Japan and Russia, depending on their language of instruction. Our school maintains a positive relationship with our sister schools in Germany and Russia. We sponsor a student exchange program with our sister schools on alternating years.
Alicia R. Chacon’s Fine Arts program offers Band, Choir, Dance and Orchestra Classes.
Students participate in sports programs with our neighbor Ysleta Middle School.
This year, we are implementing a STEM component to middle school elective courses through Project Lead the Way (PLTW). Students with exceptional math and science scores have been selected to take Design and Modeling (6th and 8th grade) and Automation and Robotics (6th and 7th grade) courses.
As our students graduate from 8th grade, they are highly recruited by all YISD high schools, as well as other area districts. Alicia R. Chacon takes pride in being a nationally known Dual Language School with deep roots in the Ysleta Independent School District.
2018-2019 School Recognitions
- Alicia R. Chacón International school-wide accomplishments
- Received all 7 Distinction Designations by TEA
- One of only 153 schools in the entire state
- Received an “A” STAAR rating by TEA
- One of only 13 schools in THE DISTRICT
- YISD Student Attendance Challenge
- ARC has won 5 months in a row and counting
- Language and Cultural Exchange Program
- Ms. Smith traveled with 12 of our students to Germany
- Ms. Tchoshanova traveled with 5 of our students from the Russkaya Troika club to Russia
- UIL Competitions
- UIL Spanish Academics
- Our students placed 2nd, 3rd &4th in Reading and Writing 3rd-4th
- Our students placed 1st, 4th and 6th in Reading and Writing 3th-6th
- Sponsored by Ms. Rodriguez
- Poetry and Prose
- 1 student placed 3rd in Spanish Prose
- Sponsored by Mrs. Enriquez and Mrs. Gutierrez
- Spanish Spelling Bee
- 1 student placed 3rd in the 3rd-4th grade category
- 1 student placed 3rd in the 5th-6th grade category
- Sponsored by Ms. Almodovar
- YISD Athletics - Ysleta Middle School Student-Athletes - Division II
- Cross Country
- One student-athlete placed 2nd in the 7th grade District Championship Meet
- Five students-athletes placed 3rd in the 8th grade District Championship Meet
- 2 students placed 2nd in the Division in 8th grade
- 6 student-athletes District Champions in 7th grade
- 7 student-athlete girls District Champions in 8th grade
- 4 student-athlete girls placed 2nd in the Division in 7th grade
- 5 student-athlete boys District Champions in 7th grade
- 7 student-athlete boys District Champions in 8th grade
- 3 student-athlete girls District Champions in 8th grade
- 4 student-athlete boys placed 3rd in the Division in 7th grade
- Track and Field
- 1 student-athlete boy placed 3rd in the 800 meters in 7th grade
- 1 student-athlete boy placed 3rd in the 1600 meters in 7th grade
- Fine Arts
- Received Outstanding Singing Performance in pre-UIL
- Received Outstanding Sightreading Performance in pre-UIL
- 2 students made All Region mixec Choir
- 1 student made All Region Treble Choir
- Led by Ms. Ramos - Choir Director
- Received a “2” rating in concert and sight reading in UIL Concert and Sight-reading contest
- YISD pre UIL concert 2 sight reading 1
- 3 middle school students in All Region Orchestra
- 4 students in YISD Honor Middle School Orchestra
- 7 students in YISD Honor Elementary Orchestra
- 3 students participating in the El Paso Youth Symphony
- Led by Mr. Patterson - Orchestra Director
- 1 student in Top All Region Band and 1 Alternate
- 3 students in the YISD Middle School Band
- 2 students in the Elementary Honor Band
- Led by Mr. Vasquez - Band Director
- U.S. Figure Skating Association
- 1 student won three 1st place trophies
- District Reflex Math Challenge
- Mrs. Fujimoto’s class in 3rd grade - 1st Place overall in THE DISTRICT
- Team Quest
- 5th grade team placed 2nd in the District competition and advanced to Team Quest Finals
- Sponsored by Mrs. Ordaz
- VEX IQ Robotics Competitions
- Team RoboMasters qualified for finals in the VEX IQ Regional Competition at UTEP
- Team RoboMasters got 2nd place in the STEAM X VEX IQ Competition at Region 19
- Sponsored by Mr. Gonzalez, Ms. Mercado and Mrs. Dominguez
- Superintendents Robotics Competition
- Finished top 10 in the Amazing Race Challenge
- Sponsored by Mrs. Ordaz
- YISD Writing Contest
- 1 student placed 1st in the YISD Creative Writing Contest in 4th grade
- "Do the Write Thing” Competition
- 1 of our students is an El Paso Region Finalist
- Destination Imagination (DI)
- Elementary DI Team got 1st place in the Regionals and qualified to the State Competition
- Middle School DI Team was awarded “Wild Card” and qualified to the State Competition
- Early College and/or Magnet Programs
- 4 students accepted to Valle Verde Early College
- 17 students accepted to Early College Academy at Ysleta HS
It's "GREAT" to be an Explorer at Alicia R. Chacón!
ARC Parents, please complete the online registration for your child. We want to reach 100%, but we need your help. It is a quick and easy process!
=== Please click here to enroll ===
Call us or visit us in the front office if you need assistance. We are glad to help!
Padres de ARC, favor de inscribir a su hijo(a) en línea. Nuestra meta es llegar al 100% pero necesitamos de su ayuda. El proceso es fácil y rápido.
Si tiene preguntas, favor de llamarnos o visítenos en la oficina y con gusto le asistiremos.
Message from the Principal:Students and parents please follow us on Facebook and Twitter by clicking on social media icon at the bottom.
ARC End of Year Assemblies
June 3rd -- Kinder at 8:30 AM and 1st at 1:15 PM
June 4th -- 2nd at 8:30 AM and 3rd at 1:15 PM
June 5th -- 4th at 8:30 AM and 5th at 1:15 PM
June 6th -- 6th at 8:30 AM and 7th at 1:15 PM
June 7th -- 8th Grade Graduation at 5:30 PM