Congratulations to the class of 2019!
Graduation is an important time in the lives of our students and those who helped them to reach their goals. It is important that this is a meaningful and rewarding experience for everyone. The information below will help you with your plans to attend graduation. If you are unable to attend, all graduation exercises will be available via internet streaming. The link is provided on this page.
Share your special moment!
Post your photos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and SnapChat! Use the hashtag #YISDclassof2019 or #THEDISTRICT when you share your photos and wishes to your graduate. Be sure to check out our graduation photos on the Ysleta ISD Facebook page!
Graduates, family and friends can also use a special commencement SnapChat geofilter before, during and after your graduation program! Please note: graduates may not have their cell phones out during the ceremony.
2019 Commencement Schedule
To view the ceremony online, please click on the campus. The link will only be active when graduation has started. Ceremonies are archived on the Ysleta ISD You Tube page.
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
6 p.m. - Valle Verde Early College High School
Abraham Chavez Theater
Friday, June 7, 2019
8 p.m. - Ysleta High School
YHS Hutchins Stadium
Monday, June 10, 2019
UTEP Don Haskins Center
9 a.m. - Parkland High School
1:30 p.m. - Del Valle High School
6 p.m. - Bel Air High School
Tuesday, June 11, 2019
UTEP Don Haskins Center
9 a.m. - Eastwood High School
1:30 p.m. - Riverside High School
6 p.m. - J. M. Hanks High School
Follow us on our social media sites!
What you need to know
YISD is offering live web streaming over the internet of all graduations. This service will enable family and friends of graduating students to watch and listen to the ceremony live using their computer and an internet connection from anywhere in the world. Please feel free to forward this webpage to any family members or friends who can't make it to your ceremony but who would like to watch the event.
Our professional photograhers will be on hand at all graduations to capture the event. Be sure to check out our photo gallery to view photos from your commencement ceremony. Click here to visit the photo gallery.
Tips for students and families
* For graduates: decorated morter boards (hats) are not permitted.
* Doors will open one hour prior to each ceremony. Please give the previous ceremony participants time to depart.
* Family and friends should plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before the ceremony.
* Reserved seating is not allowed.
* Due to large crowds, choice parking and seating will be limited. Please be mindful of small children.
* Please note: The following items are not permitted in the Don Haskins Center (DHC) or Abraham Chavez Theater: Baby strollers, helium balloons, beach balls, noise makers, glass containers, air horns/whistles, large signs and banners, outside food and drink, vapor products (E-cigs), drones, confetti, umbrellas, selfie sticks, laser pens, carseats, and pets.
* DHC camera policy: Professional cameras are allowd. No other additional equipment shall be brought into the building. No tripods, backpacks or cases. No zero-gravity rigs or brackets, no umbrellas, no additional light sources and no cables/wires.
* Proper decorum for a graduation ceremony will be expected at all times.
* Please respect the calling of all graduates' names by refraining from long and disrupting celebrations, and by remaining seated throughout the ceremony, to ensure that each name is heard clearly by the entire audience.
At the Abraham Chavez Theater:
* Photos may be taken from the guest seats or side aisles.
* Graduates will be seated on the stage and school faculty will be seated in the front row.
* At the conclusion of the ceremony, graduates will meet family members in the lobby.
At the Don Haskins Center:
* The stage at the DHC is located on the south side of the center in front of the tunnel.
* A small section on the sides, close to the stage will be reserved for personal photos.
* Professional digital cameras are now allowed inside the DHC.
* Wheelchair accessible seating at the DHC is available in Sections E, I, R and V.
* At the conclusion of each ceremony, Glory Road will be blocked off and the graduates will exit through the tunnel.
* Please depart the ceremony in a timely manner as multiple graduations are planned each day.
Parking at the Abraham Chavez Theater
Parking is available under the El Paso Convention Center or at the parking garage on San Antonio St. for a fee. The El Paso Chihuahuas do not have a game; however the Plaza Theater’s Lion King production starts at 7:30 p.m., so it is advised that you arrive early.
Parking at the Don Haskins Center
Free parking is available north of the Don Haskins Center off Sun Bowl Dr. and north of the Sun Bowl and Kidd Field. Plan to arrive via Sun Bowl Drive and avoid N. Mesa and Oregon St. The parking garage, located at Glory Road and N. Mesa, is owned by the city and there is a $10 fee to park in the garage. There is also a parking lot north of the center off Sun Bowl Drive. The lot is privately owned and charges a fee. Handicap parking is available north of the Don Haskins Center next to the UTEP Ticket Center. Please see the map below to plan your route.