Student/Parent Handbook & Student Code of Conduct
HOW TO USE THIS HANDBOOK
At the start of the school year
- Carefully read all notices in the Important Notices to Parents and Students section.
- Look through the handbook sections to see the types of information provided. ? If you are unfamiliar with a topic that affects your child, please read the information carefully and discuss it with your child.
- If you want more detailed information on a topic, check the district’s website or the school office for a more detailed handout on the topic.
During the school year, as you have questions –
- Use the Table of Contents above or the Index in the back of the handbook to find your topic.
- Make sure to read related topics that could affect your question.
Effect of district Policies and Specific Regulations
- Some topics refer to a district policy or regulation.
- A district Policy (LEGAL) is dictated by state or federal law. A district Policy (LOCAL) is dictated by decisions of the district’s Board of Trustees. A district Regulation (R) is dictated by the Superintendent.
- The district’s official policy manual is available for review in the district administration office. An unofficial Board Policies are posted on the district’s website at http://pol.tasb.org/Home/Index/440.
- District Regulations are posted on the district’s website.
- Where there is any conflict, the provisions of the Board Policies and specific Regulations will govern over the language in this handbook.
Although the Student Handbook may refer to rights established by law or district policy, the Student Handbook does not create any additional rights for students and parents. It does not, nor is it intended to, create contractual or legal rights between any student or parent and the district.