Advanced Placement (AP) Courses
In partnership with The College Board, Ysleta Independent School District offers Advanced Placement courses that prepare students for college success.
- Students experience college-level work while in high school.
- Students can earn college credit and placement by scoring a three or higher on AP Exams.
- Advanced Placement courses at YISD are open to all students.
- Pre-AP courses prepare students for success in Advanced Placement.
- Earning college credit in high school increases the possibility of graduating from college.
The College Board Advanced Placement - https://ap.collegeboard.org/
Pre- Advanced Placement
Pre-Advanced Placement (Pre-AP) Program
Ysleta ISD’s commitment to college success includes providing access to the College Board’s Pre-AP program.
- Prepares students for future Advanced Placement courses and exams.
- Open to all students.
- Builds critical thinking skills through cross-curricular alignment.
- Students engage deeply in texts and other resources through close observation and evaluation.
- Students learn to apply evidence in their writing and to think critically through questioning and academic conversations.
- YISD offers Pre-AP Algebra I to middle school students and Pre-AP Biology, Chemistry, English I, English II, and Geometry at high school campuses.
The College Board Pre-AP - https://pre-ap.collegeboard.org/