Earn College Credit while in High School
in partnership with El Paso Community College, The Ysleta Independent School District offers qualified students the opportunity to earn college credits while in high school.
- Classes offered through the Dual Credit program count for both high school and college credit simultaneously.
- Students graduate with up to 30 hours of college credit.
- Research shows that students who are part of a dual credit program are twice as likely to graduate from high school, enroll in a post-secondary institution, and complete a college degree or certificate.
- Qualified students may enroll in Dual Credit courses at any YISD high school campus.
- All YISD Dual Credit courses are taught by credentialed EPCC instructors or by EPCC professors and are at no cost to students.
College Readiness Standards for Dual Credit
Interested in Dual Credit?
To enroll in courses for Dual Credit, students must demonstrate College Readiness. Click on the link below for a list from EPCC of the courses and/or exams that students can use to demonstrate college readiness for Dual Credit. Contact the high school counselor for more information.
Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0
The Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2) is a series of assessments that YISD students can take beginning in 8th grade to demonstrate college readiness for Dual Credit courses. The link below contains information on exam content and practice questions.
For more information College Board TSIA2