Did you finish your credits for high school graduation, but did not receive your diploma because you didn’t pass the TAAS, TAKS? YISD can now help you to recover your diploma!
Attention former Ysleta ISD students, if you did not receive your high school diploma due to standardized testing, you may now be eligible. The Texas Legislature recently passed Senate Bill 463 which allows former students to obtain their high school diploma. To be considered, you must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Entered the 9th grade before the 2011-2012 school year;
- Met all applicable graduation requirements for the year they entered 9th grade;
- Did not perform satisfactorily on an assessment instrument or part of an assessment instrument required for high school graduation;
- Administered at least 3 times the required subject area test for which the student did not perform satisfactorily;
In addition, you must meet one of the following:
- Performed satisfactorily on applicable subject-area test
- Evidence of attainment of an industry-recognized postsecondary license or certification.
- Provide evidence of current active duty service in the armed forces.
- Provide evidence of an honorable or general discharge from the armed forces.
- Successfully completed college-level coursework and earned college credit.
To begin this process, click here to download the Request for Graduation Under SB463. Complete the form and return it to the Department of Student Services at YISD Central Office, 9600 Sims. HB 1603 eliminated the expiration date for alternate methods of outstanding pre-STAAR students.
For more information, please contact Mr. Ramon N. Carrillo at 434-0741 (email@example.com) at the Department of Student Services.