YISD Employee Daycare/Preschool Collaborative Program
Trustworthy, Safe, Fun, Nurturing. Engaging. Collaborative. These are all words that parents use to describe the District’s Employee Daycare Program. Our reputation for preparing students to succeed in kindergarten is known throughout the region. We have partnered with families for over a decade to cultivate a life-long love of learning in our students.
- State certified teachers and staff trained to build upon your child’s strengths
- Rigorous, research-based curriculum aligned with state standards to prepare children for the academic challenges of public school
- Social Emotional instruction to foster confidence and social skills for lifelong friendships and positive peer interactions
- Functional and daily living skills instruction to foster independence
- Opportunities to engage in community events at the campus
- Competitive tuition
- Free breakfast and lunch
Frequently Asked Questions
Pre Kindergarten is a state and federally funded program for 4-year-old children who are from families with disadvantaged backgrounds or who are homeless.
Preschool Collaborative is a split funded program (local and federal funds) for 3 and 4 year-old children with special needs. This program seeks to provide an inclusive environment pairing students with their non-disabled peers in the least restrictive environment. Within the Preschool Collaborative, we serve students enrolled in Employee Daycare.
Employee Daycare is a preschool program for 3 and 4-year-old children of employees. Tuition is paid through payroll deduction by the YISD employee.
According to the Texas Education Agency, to be eligible, a child must be at least four years of age by September 1 of the current school year and meet at least one of the criteria listed below.
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
Employees: Need high-quality, affordable daycare?
Slots are now open for children & grandchildren of YISD employees in the 2021-22 Employee Daycare program, a preschool collaborative for 3- and 4-year-olds led by certified teachers & aides at these seven campuses this fall:
- Parkland Pre-K Center
- Ysleta Pre-K Center
- Edgemere ES
- Pasodale ES
- Sageland ES
- Scotsdale ES
- Tierra Del Sol ES
Monthly Rates Per Child (payments arranged through payroll deduction):
- Half-day is $350
- Full-day is $500
- Discount available for families who enroll 2 or more children.
- Half-day discount is available for all who submit the commitment form by March 26, 2021.