Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer
P-EBT is a one-time food benefit for families who lost access to free or reduced-price meals due to school closure.
Who is eligible for P-EBT food benefits?
P-EBT is for families who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Children up to 21 years old who are certified for free or reduced-price meals at school in Texas during the 2019-20 school year.
- Children 5-18 years old who received SNAP food benefits for the month of March 2020.
- Children attending one of 49 Ysleta ISD schools that offer free meals to all students through the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP).
Who needs to complete an online application?
- Families that did NOT receive SNAP benefits for the month of March 2020 AND have children who are certified for free or reduced-price meals or who attend a school that offers free meals to all students.
- Families that received SNAP benefits for the month of March 2020, with children under 5 and/or between the ages of 19 and 21 as of March 17, 2020.
Who does not need to submit an application?
- Families that received SNAP benefits for the month of March 2020 who have children ages 5-18 as of March 17, 2020. Benefits will be loaded onto your existing SNAP card by May 22. No action is needed.
How do I apply?
- Eligible families may apply by clicking this link: yourtexasbenefits.com/Learn/PEBT. The deadline for submitting a P-EBT application is June 30, 2020.
- If you get SNAP benefits and your child is approved for P-EBT, Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) will put funds on your current Lone Star Card. If you do not currently get SNAP benefits, HHS will mail you a P-EBT card loaded with benefits.
What information do families need to complete the application?
The application will ask for information about each child and the parent that is applying. It is important that you complete as much information as possible.
- The following information is required on the application:
- Head of household first name
- Head of household last name
- Head of household date of birth
- Head of household sex
- Head of household mailing address
- Child first name
- Child last name