• Topic: Hanks High School Summer Strength & Conditioning Program delay

    Date: June 23, 2020

    Until further notice, Hanks High School is postponing the start of its Summer Strength & Conditioning program. Earlier today, Hanks High School administration was notified that one of its coaches tested positive for COVID-19. This coach has not had contact with students, but did attend a training meeting with other coaches on Monday, June 22, at the Hanks High School auditorium. At this meeting, all coaches were pre-screened, wore masks and maintained social distancing guidelines.

    After the meeting, a group of five coaches – including the one who tested positive – moved boxes containing equipment into storage at the stadium fieldhouse while wearing masks. As a precaution, the four other coaches who helped move the boxes are being tested for COVID-19 and self-isolating while they await their results. Please be assured that the safety of staff and students is the No. 1 priority at the Ysleta Independent School District, and we will continue to keep parents updated on any other information affecting our schools and students.