CTE Collegiate Academies
Who We Are
Collegiate Academies prepare all students for college and career opportunities. Each of our three high school collegiate academies works to deliver a program that inspires students to follow their passions and prepares them for a competitive world.
The Ysleta Independent School District Career and Technical Education department offers a variety of opportunities for students to participate in college and career readiness endeavors. Through a partnership with El Paso Community College (EPCC) and Texas Tech University Health Science Center (TTUHSC), the district offers opportunities for students in the areas of Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH) and Bel Air High School's Collegiate Academy, which offers a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) program.
We strive to provide a comprehensive high school experience for all students. Our programs are guided by a commitment to academic excellence and workforce relevance.
Collegiate Academies will enable students to:
- Earn college credit for an Associate of Arts, Associate of Applied Science, or Associate of Science degree - tuition-free while in high school.
- Gain first-hand experience with college-level work while attending high school.
- Receive academic and college readiness advising.
- Transition more smoothly between high school and college.
- Earn as many as 60 hours of tuition-free college credit.
- Eliminate thousands of dollars in college tuition costs.
- Transfer credits earned in high school to Texas public colleges and universities.
- Graduate from a four-year university in less time than their peers.
- Gain competitive advantage via pathway experience.
- Pursue Business Industry Certifications.
- Pursue Level I or II Certificates.
Each school partners with El Paso Community College and offers its academic pathways leading to Associate Degrees. The career pathways available to students range from Business, Health Sciences, and Trades and Industry.
Ysleta offers an array of options to serve the needs of our students in our community to inform and fulfill their desired workforce choices as they prepare for their future careers.
Ysleta Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, genetic information, or age in its programs, activities, or employment. El Distrito escolar de Ysleta no discrimina en base a raza, color, nacionalidad, religión, sexo, discapacidad, la información genética, y/o edad, en sus programas, actividades, o empleo.