The Ysleta ISD CO-OP program is a part-time, paid position that provides college students with an in-depth and extensive work experience in the area of coaching middle school sports.
CO-OP APPLICATION (Revised 07/18/22)
1. Make an appointment to visit with Rachael Blair, Assistant Athletic Director.
2. Complete an online application with YISD (www.yisd.net) for employment. In addition, turn the following original documents into Human Resource Department for scanning:
a. Photo ID
b. Social Security Card
c. Official Transcript of HS Diploma
d. Copy of your current class schedule verifying enrollment in at least (6) credit hours for semester.
3. Complete a CO-OP Application Form, (YISD CO-OP Application)
4. You are now ready to be interviewed at the campus level. If a campus is planning on hiring you, the campus must recommend you for employment with the district through Winocular via the Human Resource Department.
5. Once recommendation is made through Winocular, the Human Resource Department will contact you for an appointment for the following:
b. Background Check
c. New employee is scheduled for processing as a new YISD employee
d. Receive an authorization form – Clearance to be on campus.
6. Once cleared by the Human Resource department, the following UIL requirements must be met before you will be allowed to coach:
a. CPR/AED Certification
b. Rules Compliance Program (RCP)
c. NFHS (for first year coaches only; fee required). See UIL link under Education & Training Programs. UIL Link
d. Concussion Management Training (TBA)
e. YISD Sexual Harassment Training (TBA)
f. Stewards of Children Online Training (Chapter 38)
7. Best Practices in Tacklin certification, football coaches ONLY, beginning 2019-20 school year.
b. Required once every two years (fee required).
c. Must be completed within 30 days if hired after August 1, 2019.
8. Submit certification certificates to your Campus Athletic Coordinator.