2015 Board Goals
2020 Vision Goals
Student Achievement – Instructional Management
YISD will increase student performance in all assessed areas to ensure that all students are provided the opportunity to graduate college and career ready.
The district and all campuses at “met expectations” standard
- Increase the number of ELL students meeting or exceeding standard in English/Language Arts Reading by 10%
- Increase the number of SPED students meeting or exceeding standards in English/Language Arts Reading by 10%
- Increase the percentage of ELL students eligible for state testing in English at 4th grade by 10%
- Increase the number of 3rd grade students meeting or exceeding standard in Reading/Language Arts by 10%
- Increase the number of 5th grade students meeting or exceeding standard in Mathematics by 10%
- Increase the number of 8th grade students enrolled in Algebra I
- Increase the number of 8th grade students meeting standard on Algebra 1 EOC by 10%
3rd grade literacy and 5th grade mathematics are transitional years and success is a predictor of high school graduation
8th grade Algebra success is a predictor of high school graduation and college entry
Staff Development and Professional Growth - Human Resources Management
YISD will provide services and benefits to attract, retain, and offer growth opportunities for highly qualified staff.
- Increase the mean on the district employee engagement survey
Community Relations - Board Relations
YISD will promote and support active parent and community engagement in the education process to improve student achievement.
- Increase Satisfaction with District Services to Schools
- Increase Parent Satisfaction
Finance & Operations
Facilities and Operations - Fiscal Management
YISD will utilize all district resources effectively and efficiently, and will provide facilities that are safe, well maintained and provide for the needs of a 21st century learner.
- Return on Investment (ROI) by Initiative (based on budget approval and determined each year)
- Bond projects will be completed by contract time measured with each phase of the bond plan.
- Fixed Asset Existence exceptions will be 5% of less by 2020.
- ADA Snapshot exceptions will be 5% of less by 2020.
College & Career
Student Services Management
YISD will provide the necessary resources to ensure that every student will graduate on time, ready, and equipped to enter college, the military, or a “career-ready” job
- Increase the number of students who successfully complete dual enrollment credits by 2%
- Increase the number of students enrolled in AP courses earning a 3 or better on AP exams by 2%
- Increase the number of students performing at the advanced level on STAAR/EOC by 5% in all tested areas
Approved April 15, 2015