The YISD Public Relations department is dedicated to keeping the community informed on district issues, student achievement and employee excellence. Parental and community involvement are also priorities for the public relations team. The department works proactively with the media to inform the community of important events within the district and to give parents the information that is essential to their children's success.
What We Do
- District homepage news
- Upcoming events
- Service Excellence Kudos page
- Videos of the week
- Facebook page
- You Tube channel
- Snap Chat
- YISD mobile app for iPhone or android
- District training and promotional videos
- Recording studio available for campus organizations
- Recoding of board of trustees meeting available for viewing on the School Board web page and You Tube
- The Communicator distributed to all taxpayers and parents. Past issues available for download in newsletter section on website.
- Slice of the PIE e-newsletter distributed to all Partners in Education
- PIE Campus Coordinator e-newsletter distributed to all campus PIE coordinators
- Parent Connection distributed to parents in YISD. Past issues available for download in newsletter section on website
- Annual Performance Report highlighting district accomplishments, academic programs and community involvement
- Campus and program brochures
- Back to School Rally held prior to the beginning of the school year. Partners in Education sponsor free backpacks and community information booths.
- Campus recognitions, dedications, groundbreakings, and ribbon cuttings.
- School board appreciation month is held in January.
- Monthly recognitions held at the beginning of each board of trustees meeting.
- District volunteer recognition luncheon is held in the spring to recognize campus volunteers
- Teacher and Support Employee of the Year Banquet is held in May to honor the campus teachers and support employees of the year
- Day as a Principal is held in March. Partners in Education shadow campus principals to obtain a better understanding of public education.
- Partners in Education Recognition luncheon is held in May to honor the business community for their service to the district.
- Giving Tree is held during the holidays to promote employee giving to YISD students in need.
9600 Sims Drive
El Paso, TX 79925
Chief Communications Officer
Senior Communications Specialist