FRAUD, ABUSE AND WASTE
NO! YOUR NUMBER DOES NOT SHOW UP ON A CALLER ID.
Your hotline call goes to an answering machine maintained by the Internal Audit Department, which will conduct or arrange for an appropriate review or investigation of your complaint. You may remain anonymous, by not disclosing your name, or you can ask that your identity be kept confidential. If you remain anonymous it may be more difficult to investigate your complaint. If you ask that your identity be kept confidential, Internal Audit will protect your identity and disclose it only to the auditors or investigators assigned to review the complaint.
When calling the Hotline, please provide as much information as possible,
- Circumstances of the incidents noted (dates, times, names, places);
- The offices and individuals involved;
- Location of any available evidence (physical evidence or records);
- Names and telephone numbers of credible witnesses; and
- Caller’s name and telephone number, if you choose not to remain anonymous.
Remember, calls to the hotline should be made in good faith to report fraud, abuse, and waste rather than to report an employee’s dissatisfaction.