Retiring or Resigning from YISD
How to say goodbye to Ysleta ISD...
1. Compose letter of resignation/retirementLetter must include the following:
Example:Date: 12/15/2019"I, George Washington, employee #000000, Teacher at ABC Middle School (resign or retire) from the Ysleta Independent School District effective 01/01/2020.”(Signature)
- Full Name
- Employee ID #
- Campus/Department name
- Type of separation: 'Resignation' or 'Retirement'
- The last day you will work for YISD
- Reason (Optional)
2. Submit letter to appropriate supervisor for signature, date and acceptance.3. Campus/Department will forward the official letter to Human Resources for director and central office approval, as outlined below:Elementary Personnel (Teachers and campus administrators)Secondary Personnel (Teachers and campus administrators)Support Personnel (Operations: Maintenance/Transportation/Custodians, Ancillary, Paraprofessional, Part-Time, Technology, and Central Office professional/administrative positions)4. Employee will receive an acknowledgment letter from Human Resources.
When the retirement/resignation letter is approved by Human Resources, an acknowledgment/release letter will be sent to the employee which provides details on the separation/exit process to follow.
5. Schedule an appointment with Human Resources for an exit interview.
Employee must contact Gaby Figueroa (915) 434-0406 for an exit interview appointment. Appointments may only be scheduled after the resignation/retirement letter has been accepted by both the supervisor and the designated Human Resources director. All employees must have the District/Campus Clearance Form completed and submitted to Human Resources prior to the exit interview.During the exit interview, the employee will complete and sign the following documents:
- Exit Interview Form
- Laptop Clearance Receipt for Assigned District Laptops, if applicable, prior to the exit interview appontment
- Teachers and Librarians must return laptops and obtain a receipt from the Innovative Learning Department
- Counselors must return laptops and obtain a receipt from the Guidance and Counseling Department
6. Return district property
Employee must return all campus/department materials, name badges, keys and/or equipment assigned to them prior to their last day of work. A District/Campus Clearance Form will then be signed by the supervisor and forwarded to Human Resources by the campus/department. Employees and supervisors are responsible for ensuring the District/Campus Clearance Form is completed for each employee leaving Ysleta ISD. Employees are responsible for damaged or missing school district property.