Growth and Development
The Ysleta School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) has reviewed the following movies used by the District and the City of El Paso Public Health Department Health Educators:
- Growing Up for Boys - 5th-6th Grades
- Growing Up for Girls - 5th-6th Grades
- Always Changing: About You - 5th-6th Grades
- Just Around the Corner- 5th-6th Grades
- Puberty for Boys: Amazing Changes Inside and Out - 5th-6th Grades
- Puberty for Girls: Amazing Changes Inside and Out - 5th-6th Grades
- Straight Talk About Puberty for Boys
- Straight Talk About Puberty for Girls
Generally, the presentations are given to 5th and 6th graders but can also be given to the 4th graders along with the Boy/Girl packets that contain deodorant.
The SHAC approves the use of these videos and respectfully recommends the following:
- Strongly encourage parental participation; offer parents the opportunity to preview the materials.
- This program is taught during regular school hours to grades 4-6.
- Require Campus Administrators to be familiar with the content before being shown to students.
- The campus nurse is the campus coordinator for the Growth and Development classes.
- Ensure the collection of the District parent permission forms. Provide an alternative location for students not participating.