Small Learning Communities
An interdisciplinary team of teachers responsible for educational progress of their students and exercises maximum flexibility to act on knowledge of their needs.
Five Domains of SLC Best Practices:
1. Self-determination: Autonomy in decision making.
2. Identity: Meet distinctive and unique characteristics of students.
3. Personalization: Able to identify and respond to students’ particular strengths and needs.
4. Support for Teaching: SLC teachers assume authority as well as responsibility in educating their students.
5. Functional Accountability: SLC teams use performance assessment systems that require students to demonstrate their learning.