On August 4, 2020, the Texas Workforce Commission approved a distribution of High School Equivalency vouchers to AEL 13 grantees to implement the subsidy program and granted flexibility for AEL grant 14 recipients to develop local policies to distribute the vouchers to eligible non-AEL 15 participants or former Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) participants.
An individual who is eligible to receive an HSE (GED) subsidy must be a Texas resident who:
(1) is 21 years of age or older at the time that a voucher for the subsidy is issued to the individual and
(2) lacks a high school diploma or its equivalent. A subsidy recipient may be:
• a current AEL participant; 17
• a former AEL participant within 365 days of exit; or 18
• a non-AEL participant who is otherwise eligible to receive the subsidy
HSE (GED) Subsidy recipients must:
• be 21 years of age or older;
• lack a high school diploma or its equivalent;
• be a Texas resident; and
• be determined to be HSE test-ready.
CALL NOW TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY
Or stop by our campus at 121 Padres