Non Discrimination Statement:
All YISD documents intended for public viewing must contain the non-discrimination statement (NDS) at the end of the document, to include electronic home web pages and emails. Information regarding the non-discrimination statement has been shared with administrators, counselors, teachers,and paraprofessionals.
TEA recommended non-discrimination statement:
Ysleta Independent School District does not discriminate onthe basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability, geneticinformation, or age in its programs, activities or employment.
El Distrito Escolar de Ysleta no discrimina en base a raza,color, nacionalidad, sexo, religión, discapacidad, la información genética y/oedad, en sus programas, actividades o empleo.
TEA requires stating the non-discrimination statement in Spanish to assure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Non-discrimination statement to be included on:
Documents, literature, and/or catalogs intended to be distributed to thepublic.
- Class catalog
- Student Handbook
- Newsletters, brochures, calendars, flyers and other print notifications sent home
- All brochures advertising student and campus clubs:
- CTE ( Work-based programs) (DECA-FBLA- Skills USA-FCCLA- TSA-HOSA)
- Honor Societies such as: (National, Spanish, French, etc.), band, ROTC, Dual Language, etc.
- Other clubs
- Emails (in signature)
- Internal communications such as campus and district memorandums, letters and documents circulating within and among schools and departments are NOT required to include the NDS.
Public Relations/Print Shop will include on all print documents, literature and/or catalogs intended to be distributed to the public.