The School Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
The School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) is an advisory group comprised of individuals who represent segments of the community. The group acts collectively to provide advice to the Superintendent and Board of Trustees on aspects of the school district's health program. The members of SHAC are generally selected in three ways:
- Recruitment - The SHAC members actively seek out new members to join.
- Appointment - Some SHACs consist of individuals selected by the School Board members to represent them.
- Volunteer - Many SHACs have parent and community members that volunteer their time because they have the desire to be involved and make a difference.
It is important to emphasize that the SHAC serves as an advisory council only.
What do they do?
As an advisory council, the SHAC provides advice on coordinated school health programming and its impact on student health and learning.
Coordinated school health includes the following components:
- Health instruction
- Healthful school environment
- Health services
- Physical education
- School counseling
- Food service
- Health promotion for staff
- Integrated school and community programs
Our focus is to support the District's Coordinated School Health Program. Recruitment of new members remains a constant focus.
WE NEED YOU!
Please Join us during one of our meetings
2021-2022 Meeting Dates
2021 - 2022 Minutes
Lead Teacher Health & Physical Education/SHAC Coordinator
WANT TO KNOW MORE? Visit the website for the Texas School Health Advisory Council.
"The Texas School Health Advisory Council (TSHAC) supports health education for all Texas students, Kindergarten through 12th grade."