Grab & Go Meals
YISD PROVIDES BREAKFAST AND LUNCH TO GO DURING CLOSURE
Ysleta ISD will not offer the Grab & Go school meal service at its 18 distribution sites on Monday, May 25, due to the fact that it is Memorial Day, a district holiday.
Operations will continue as normal on Tuesday, May 26, when breakfast and lunch meals for children under 18 years of age can be picked up at select YISD schools from 7:30 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday.
UPDATE:(effective Friday, April 24,2020)
Beginning on Friday, April 24, 2020, children will be provided an additional meal for Saturday during Friday food distribution.
During the weeks of school closures, select Ysleta ISD schools will offer weekday breakfast and lunch meals for children 18 years of age and under on a drive through basis. Vehicles can pull up from 7:30 to 11:00 a.m. and receive BOTH breakfast and lunch meals for children.
The select campuses are: (click on school for location map)Elementary schools:
- Capistrano Elementary School, 240 Mecca
- Constance Hulbert Elementary School, 7755 Franklin
- Desertaire Elementary School, 6301 Tiger Eye
- Hacienda Heights International School, 7530 Acapulco
- Lancaster Elementary School, 9230 Elgin Dr.
- Ramona Elementary School, 351 Nichols
- REL Washington Elementary School, 3585 Lee Trevino
- Tierra Del Sol Elementary School, 1832 Tommy Aaron
- Bel Air Middle School, 7909 Ranchland
- Eastwood Middle School, 2612 Chaswood
- Parkland Middle School, 6045 Nova Way
- Bel Air High School, 731 N. Yarbrough
- Del Valle High School, 950 Bordeaux
- Eastwood High School, 2430 McRae
- Hanks High School, 2001 N. Lee Trevino
- Parkland High School, 5932 Quail
- Riverside High School, 301 Midway
- Ysleta High School, 8600 Alameda
UPDATE (effective Monday, March 30, 2020):
Due to new state regulations, those who utilize the grab and go meal service at our 18 select sites to receive curbside delivery of breakfast and lunch for their children DO NOT need to have the children inside the car. However, they MUST provide one of the following items to receive school meals for children who are not present:
- Official letter/email/electronic school application from school that lists child(ren) enrolled;
- Individual student report card(s);
- Attendance record from YISD Home Access Center, printed or electronic, that includes names of child(ren);
- Birth certificate for child(ren) not in school; or
- Student ID card(s)
Also, please keep in mind that each child is entitled to only ONE breakfast and ONE lunch meal per weekday; claiming multiple meals at multiple sites for the same child is not permitted.
We hope this helps ease any difficulties you may have experienced during the school closures, and we encourage everyone to stay safe and healthy at home. Thank you for your patience and understanding.