Points of Pride
Glen Cove Elementary was opened in the Ysleta Independent School District in 1978 to serve students in the J.M. Hanks High school feeder pattern. Currently, Glen Cove proudly serves students in PPCD and Pre-K as well as Kindergarten through 5th grade.
• National Title 1 School and National Blue Ribbon School.
• Recognized by the Texas Business and Educators Coalition in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
• Top 20 School for NCUST (National Center for Urban School Transformation) in 2008 and 2009.
• TEA Recognized Campus: 2007 and 2008.
• TEA Exemplary Campus: 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, 2014 and 2015.
• Title 1 Recognized Campus: 2012, 2014 and 2015.
• Met AYP for the 2012 school year.
• 5 TEA Distinctions for school year 2015-2016.
GLEN COVE ELEMENTARY IS A HIGH PERFORMING SCHOOL
Glen Cove Elementary has been identified by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) as High Performing Title I Reward School for earning high scores in reading and math on this year’s state testing results.
Please click on the link above to view our Easy step by step directions to complete our new online student registration.
To assist families during the online registration process, YISD will host four free Open Lab Sessions. Computers will be available and district staff will be on-hand to assist parents in registering their student(s) for the 2017-2018 school year. Dates for the Open Lab Sessions are:
Thursday, July 13
Thursday, July 20
Thursday, July 27
Thursday, August 3
All sessions will be held from 1 to 6 p.m. in the TIS Lab, located on the second floor of YISD Central Office 9600 Sims, 79925. For more information, please call YISD Technology Information Services at 915-434-1010.
NEW Online Enrollment System
YISD is proud to announce a new online enrollment system aimed at streamlining the student registration process. With the new system, parents can conveniently begin the registration process online before visiting their student’s campus during registration. You must create an online account with YISD.