Points of Pride
Glen Cove Elementary School was opened in 1978 to serve students in the J.M. Hanks High school feeder pattern. Currently, Glen Cove proudly serves students in PPCD and Pre-K as well as Kindergarten through 5th grade.
• National Title 1 School and National Blue Ribbon School.
• Recognized by the Texas Business and Educators Coalition in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
• Top 20 School for NCUST (National Center for Urban School Transformation) in 2008 and 2009.
• TEA Recognized Campus: 2007 and 2008.
• TEA Exemplary Campus: 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, 2014 and 2015.
• Title 1 Recognized Campus: 2012, 2014 and 2015.
• Met AYP for the 2012 school year.
• 5 TEA Distinctions for school year 2015-2016.
GLEN COVE ELEMENTARY IS A HIGH PERFORMING SCHOOL
Glen Cove Elementary has been identified by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) as High Performing Title I Reward School for earning high scores in reading and math on this year’s state testing results.
With Anonymous Alerts, students or parents can submit any suspicious activity, bullying or other student related issues. Click to access the form to file a report.
Thank You Ascarate Fishing Club for visiting our school and teaching our STARS all about fishing.
Glen Cove's Annual KITE DAYS
Wednesday, April 18th and Thursday, April 19th, Families are invited to share in the Spring spirit and fly their kites as well as CHALK THE BLOCK with us during their child's P.E. Time.
8:00-8:45 5th Grade
8:45-9:30 4th Grade/PK-AM
9:30-10:15 3rd Grade
10:25-11-15 1st Grade
1:15-2:00 2nd Grade
Healthy Snack Bar Everything 50 cents.
Students need to bring their own kites. The P.E. Department will have some kites for sale for $4.00.
Glen Cove's Yearbook is now available! Order yours before March 9th for $22. After March 9th the cost will be $25. While supplies last! CASH ONLY.
Last week attendance winners are 3rd grade for having 97.4% followed by 5th grade at 97.1% attendance.