Points of Pride
Opening its doors in the fall of 1962, Parkland High School gave way to what will soon become the Beast of the Northeast. Black and Gold became synonyms of glorious achievements and set the new standard of excellence and school pride in the Sun City.
In 2017, Parkland High School opened a new chapter in its history with the new Parkland Early College High School. With 97 students in the 2021 Cohort, and the rising population of the Northeast, PECHS will soon grow both in numbers and accomplishments. Both PECHS and PHS's curriculum prepares students to succeed at the next level giving them a head start in their collegiate careers. Our T-STEM program, being one of the best in the city, gives our students the opportunity to explore and dive deeper into the fields of Science, Engineering, Technology, and Mathematics. Recently, Parkland High School's T-STEM program won four TSA state championships and qualified over 30 students to Nationals. Robotics and technology are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to accomplishments at Parkland High. Our Fine Arts department is second to none when it comes to quality performances and accolades. Last year, Parkland was the only high school in YISD to advance to the area round in UIL One Act Play, as well as our Matador Marching band.
Parkland Athletics brought home three Bi-District Championships this year and our athletes are top contenders for athletic scholarships year after year. Each athlete here at THE PARK is given the best training and education in the city. Our top tier coaching staff works with students on and off the field to ensure that every student-athlete not only excels physically but also dominates in the classroom. College scouts know that talent from Parkland High comes with a plethora of success and determination on and off the court.
Parkland High School offers students and parents a superb educational experience that is sure to accommodate all lifestyles and interests. It is no secret why Parkland High School is the best school in the Northeast and ranks among the best in the city of El Paso. With student safety and service excellence in mind, Parkland High School is and will continue to be the best choice in the Northeast. #BeGlorious
To Be A Matador Is Glorious!
· The Matador Football team remains the only undefeated team in El Paso after their 56-7 victory over Ysleta!!!
· The Matador Volleyball team swept the week with victories over Bel Air and Riverside!!! They are tied for the final playoff spot with games against 4th Place Horizon and 3rd Place Eastlake this week.
· STUCO hosted a successful Future Matador Night this past Friday. Along with the “Future Caperettes” it was great to see all of our learning community celebrating Parkland’s Matadors.
· Way to go Angie Lujan and Heaven Perez for qualifying to regionals at the 2-5A District Cross Country Meet. They finished 3rd and 9th respectively!!!
· Special congratulations goes to Victoria De Santiago, Stephanie Morales, Isabella Overstreet, Kassadra Somer, Halia Capers, Jasmin Stewart, Nineveh Varela, Zoe Hankins, Riley Hernandez, Isaac Gomez, Angel Munoz, Jude Juzdowski, & Daniel Ogaz for advancing as members of the 2019-20 All Region Choir.
· Way to go Parkland Matador Band!! The Matador Band earned a Division 1 Rating at the SISD Marchfest!!! For the first time in their history they qualified for Finals in the A Category of large bands and finished 7th!!!
October 31, 2019
November 11, 2019
November 13, 2019
6:00 PM YISD Board of Trustees Meeting
November 25, 2019
November 26, 2019
November 27, 2019