Points of Pride
Opening its doors in the fall of 1962, Parkland High School gave way to what will soon become the Beast of the Northeast. Black and Gold became synonyms of glorious achievements and set the new standard of excellence and school pride in the Sun City.
In 2017, Parkland High School opened a new chapter in its history with the new Parkland Early College High School. With 97 students in the 2021 Cohort, and the rising population of the Northeast, PECHS will soon grow both in numbers and accomplishments. Both PECHS and PHS's curriculum prepares students to succeed at the next level giving them a head start in their collegiate careers. Our T-STEM program, being one of the best in the city, gives our students the opportunity to explore and dive deeper into the fields of Science, Engineering, Technology, and Mathematics. Recently, Parkland High School's T-STEM program won four TSA state championships and qualified over 30 students to Nationals. Robotics and technology are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to accomplishments at Parkland High. Our Fine Arts department is second to none when it comes to quality performances and accolades. Last year, Parkland was the only high school in YISD to advance to the area round in UIL One Act Play, as well as our Matador Marching band.
Parkland Athletics brought home three Bi-District Championships this year and our athletes are top contenders for athletic scholarships year after year. Each athlete here at THE PARK is given the best training and education in the city. Our top tier coaching staff works with students on and off the field to ensure that every student-athlete not only excels physically but also dominates in the classroom. College scouts know that talent from Parkland High comes with a plethora of success and determination on and off the court.
Parkland High School offers students and parents a superb educational experience that is sure to accommodate all lifestyles and interests. It is no secret why Parkland High School is the best school in the Northeast and ranks among the best in the city of El Paso. With student safety and service excellence in mind, Parkland High School is and will continue to be the best choice in the Northeast. #BeGlorious
To Be A Matador Is Glorious!
- Way to go Parkland Boys Soccer! They clinched the 3rd seed for the upcoming playoffs after defeating Eastlake and Del Valle. The boys will face off against Jefferson in the Bi-District Playoffs.
- Parkland Freshman Elisa Della-Giustina competed at the State TFA Speech and Debate tournament!!!
- Parkland Tennis continues its strong season starting 7-0 in Spring Season!!! They defeated Riverside, Horizon and Bel Air. Great job Coach Maynard, Coach Ritch, and Matador Tennis!!
- Parkland Baseball wins three games over the Spring Break, beating Ysleta and sweeping Hanks!!!
- Parkland Softball get two more District Wins after beating Riverside and Horizon. Great job ladies!
- Parkland Boys Basketball continues its winning ways after the season. Coach Vanley is named El Paso Times Coach of the Year!!! Dohnovan Johnson earns 1st Team All-City honors and Aaron Robinson makes the 2nd Team All-City squad.
- Parkland Track had another successful week. The boys team earned 1st Place Varsity, 2nd place JV and 2nd place Freshman team trophies as well as numerous individual medals at the Fabens Invitational. Sakeyna Weekley and Ruby Sifuentes were a couple of the girls medalist as well. Keep up the good work.
- Zed Estrada announces he has signed to play football at Valley City State University!!
- Congratulations to Zoe, Peyton and Sebastian for being recognized by the school board for their outstanding achievements!!!
Check out what being a Matador is all about!
April 9, 2019
April 10, 2019
April 11, 2019
April 12, 2019
April 17, 2019
6:00 PM YISD Board of Trustees Meeting
April 19, 2019
May 6, 2019
May 7, 2019
May 8, 2019
May 9, 2019